Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A pleasant surprise on the first day of classes....

Homeplate's dinner menu this evening was a quite a delight!






The citrus garlic scallops were harmoniously paired with a delicate coconut rice. The cashews in the rice added a nuttiness that complimented the flavor of the coconut and did well to contrast the tender texture of the scallops, which were cooked to perfection in a sweet and light sauce. I couldn't have asked for more on my first day of classes. . .

For the first time in many terms at Dartmouth, I decided to try Homeplate's famous white bean cakes with pineapple salsa, and was very pleased with the many layers of flavor that I tasted with every bite. The flavor of the tangy pineapple salsa paired nicely with the smoky peppers in the white bean cake. 5 stars





For the first day of the term, Homeplate set the bar very high--will they be able to maintain this standard for the rest of the term???


(picture of citrus garlic scallops with coconut rice and green beans; picture of white bean cakes with pineapple salsa)

3 comments:

Anonymous

Where have all the FoCo patrons gone? Off-terms?

TheLastBro

Yo dude, i hope you get this. I hope you arent a 10 and are gone from here or anything. I just wanted to say i really loved/love the foco blog and id love for you to come back and keep writing. you were a dartmouth institution. come back bro.

DK

Sorry dude, I'm an '09 now in grad school at Dartmouth and grad students don't have DBA. Also, its time and place kinda passed. I turned it over to an '11 when I graduated but she seemed to lose interest after making a couple posts. But, thanks for the kind words.

The FoCo Blog   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP